TRAVELLING TO ISTANBUL
The most appropriate way to reach İstanbul is by air for participants who will be able to attend from directions mentioned below.
Turkish Airlines is the official airline of “III. Istanbul Carbon Summit” and special discounts are offered on certain booking classes. In order to proceed with the online booking tool for Turkish Conventions please visit the Turkish Conventions website https://www4.thy.com/TKC/app/main?execution=e3s1 and use the event code “115TKM16” under delegate section.
İstanbul has two international airports, Ataturk International Airport (the main airport- the European Side) and Sabiha Gokcen International Airport (Asian Side).
Ataturk International Airport www.ataturkairport.com
- 650 – 700 aircraft are handled every day
- Approximately 70.000 passengers are served daily
- In peak periods, these ﬁgures rise to 95.000 -100.000 passengers and 900-950 arrivals and departures daily.
- Avoiding the necessity to check-in baggage separately for transfers and is capable of handling 15.000 pieces an hour automatically.
- Two golf cars are currently in service between the Domestic and International Terminals for passenger transfers. The elderly and disabled take priority.
Sabiha Gökçen International Airport www.sabihagokcen.aero
- Located on the Anatolian shore of İstanbul at Pendik / Kurtkoy.
- At a distance of 40 km to Kadikoy.
- 12 km to Pendik and 50 km to Taksim.
- It has a really convenient traffic in terms of transportation with its 1.5 km connection to the TEM motorway.